Saturday, February 6, 2010

Manly Men & Their Hats

These were some of the things I made for Christmas Gifts. Well, I guess Chris got his hat earlier than that. (Had to try out the pattern on someone..."Skully" from Get Your Crochet On! Hip Hats and Cool Caps by Afya Ibomu. Great book, by the way. Lots of "hip hats" and "cool caps.")

I really loved the yarn I found for his hat. It was an inexpensive acrylic, but it had a really nice, almost sueded feel to it. Worked up nicely. Em's husband is getting one, too. He just doesn't know it yet...





And this was a hat/scarf set I made for Dad. (Why do all men pose for pictures like they're posing for a mugshot?!?!) Of course, I had to be sure to tell him it was made with "Vanna's Choice Yarn". Yeah, like she spun it up herself.

Anyway, the hat is the same pattern as the one above. I used a similar stitch to get a ribbed pattern for the scarf. The hat works up super-fast once you get in a groove with it.







Now. If only I could get Mom to pose in her Christmas hat...

No comments:

Post a Comment