Monday, December 20, 2010

Autumnal Leaf



This was "commissioned" by Mom as a holiday gift for someone. And by commissioned, I mean: "ooo...I like that. Would you make one for ..."

This leaf pattern is the entire reason I bought "Crochet Inspiration" by Sasha Kagan. I have never seen a more beautiful crocheted leaf before! I had to make it! The whole book turned out to be completely awesome, so it was like the icing on the cake. I have more plans with this leaf. Oh, the things running through my mind...

Anyway, I actually thought this would've looked really cool mounted on a painted canvas, but Mom just wanted it to be something the recipient could put where ever she wanted. So it's like a giant doily.



The yarn is a really pretty pumpkin color. A nice yarn, Berroco Comfort DK bought at Knitorious. Oh, how I love Knitorious...

BTW, if you NEED yarn (that's the kind of "need" that means you want it so bad you NEED it...) don't miss the big, end of year, "I don't want to count it" sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment