This week's project was a pretty quick stitch. Even with all the hand-sewing. Yes, you heard that right - hand-sewing. I did it. And ... and ... I even LIKED it.
The little hexagons were kinda fun. I wish I had used the invisible thread to join the hexagons together. It really does disappear. I chose to hand-stitch the appliqués to the panel instead of machine stitch (using the invisible thread.) I think it looks better and I like how it turned out.
The project called for some interfacing on the lining fabric, but I didn't really feel it needed it. My wool exterior is fairly stiff and I don't really like the firm feeling on the lining. So I just left the interfacing out. I also didn't use another print for the lining and I limited it to two different prints for the hexagons. I just didn't want that much going on since the wool is pretty heavily textured itself. I wasn't sure I'd like the little corner patches, but I kinda like 'em on this bag.
Since my zipper was a little short (7" instead of the listed 9") I added fabric tabs before inserting.