Thursday, July 22, 2010

Crossing the Bridge: Goodbye, Sweetie Pie

Sometimes we say goodbye to our pets before we're ready. But are we ever ready, really? Sometimes we have time to prepare ... sometimes it's an on-the-spot decision to ease, minimize, eliminate their suffering. Either way, it sucks. Big donkey balls, pardon my saying.

Early morning, July 21 I had to make that on-the-spot decision. And yep, it sucked.

So I said goodbye to my big ol' love muffin of a cat. Never met a stranger, never met anyone he didn't love immediately. These are some of my favorite pictures, usually snapped with a camera phone before he stop doing whatever he was doing. Sorry I could never get a good picture of him sleeping on my head ...









1 comment:

  1. He really was a sweetie pie. I only got to hang around with him a few times, But he was always cool. He will be missed.

    ReplyDelete