Sunday, March 20, 2011

Upside the Head

Inspiration can strike at any time, am I right?

It can just slap you upside the head.
Anytime, anywhere.

Maybe the color of the daffodils emerging in the Spring makes you want to paint your living room. Or the warm, rich texture of an animal's fur makes you want to knit up a cozy, Fall sweater.

Whatever it is, it doesn't always make sense. For example:



I don't even remember WTF this is.

I think it was a close-up shot of the skin of some aquatic entity. Maybe a fish or cephalopod. I just remembered thinking: I must make this! The jewel-like insets on a neutral background ... It was calling out to be crocheted somehow or made into a piece of jewelry. I still have no idea how it's going to translate.

I just know that it will.



Someday.

You know, when I finish the half-billion other "inspirations" I've had.

No comments:

Post a Comment