Saturday, March 12, 2011

Who You Calling Short?!

So, I've come to the realization that I am NOT a bolero girl.

I am just not dainty enough to pull it off. I'm also "vertically challenged" and have a big rack. Yeah...D cups don't look good in boleros. Just too wide up top, if you know what I mean. (Granted, I'm a little wide below, too, but that's neither here-nor-there...)

But I liked this pattern from Debbie Stoller's, The Happy Hooker. Great book, by the way. Anyway, the pattern is "Short and Sweet" by Angela Best. I just added extra pattern repeats to the length to make it longer. It works up really quickly. Enough detail to keep you thinking, but easy enough that the TV isn't a distraction.

I had a bit of confusion regarding "right side/wrong side" of the fabric. But I sorted it out in the end. It's a really pretty stitch. Hope you can see it in the pics!







Yarn used: Red Heart Soft in Grape. Approx. 3.5 skeins.

No comments:

Post a Comment