Monday, February 27, 2012

Sashiko Style

I've been wanting to give Sashiko a try. And wacky me thought doing a guided Stitch-A-Long would be a good way to do it! So ... since I've planned to lead the group, I guess I better figure it out!





Here's my sample piece so far. I'm trying out a single thread. Going to give the next sample a double strand. See which I like better. Plus, this cotton fabric doesn't have as loose of a weave as the linen-cotton blend we'll be using, but it suffices for a first try despite the slight puckering. Actually, after tracing the pattern onto the fabric, this basic running stitch only took about 15 - 20 minutes to do what's shown in the photos.

I'll be posting again with finished samples and the finished projects when everyone's done!

No comments:

Post a Comment