Monday, February 20, 2012

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Another Open Studio Project: DIY Fabric-Covered Accordion Files.

There are several tutorials, how-to's and DIY projects like this floating around the web. I based this group project on this guide. Here are the finished files:



Can you spot mine? I'll give you a hint: It's green & leafy ... and doesn't have a bow. Just a tie. I'm not a "bow" girl. :)









You'll also notice that two of the folders use two different fabrics - one for the front and one for the back. Great way to go if you like variety!

_______________________

You may wonder about these "Open Studios" that I've mentioned before. A few years ago, my friend, Cara, and I formed The Community Crafts Studio located within Christ Church UCC. It's a place where we, as artists in residence, can have a space of our own to work on our artistic and crafty ventures, while providing a space for other to commune and work on their projects. We frequently hold guided projects, such as these files, too. Sometimes we charge a nominal fee to cover any supplied materials. Other times, folks bring all their own materials while we provide the "how to".

Above, I have included a link to our new web page. Over the next few months, I hope to add content to it ... a new logo ... finished projects ... who knows what else! Right now it's a place for upcoming events. Maybe we'll see you there ...

No comments:

Post a Comment