Well, here's my first project in the Sew-A-Long!
It was kinda fun to do! Hadn't really done much quilt piecing before except for a few wonky blocks where precision isn't really a priority. But this time, I had to take more care. It still isn't perfect, but I'm pleased with it.
Since my zigzag strips weren't 100% precise, I decided that the quilting lines shouldn't be either! So I overlapped some of the lines ... made some longer ... some shorter. I just got crazy with it!
And on the back, too!
Ooo...check out the inside!
(Is that a big pocket or are you just happy to see me?!?!)
AND my first magnetic snap closure.
Really easy to insert. I see more of these in my future.
By happy accident, I ended up with the "lining" side of the straps facing out. I like the bright chartreuse on the outside. I also wasn't going to interface the straps since I seldom feel the need, but since the body of the bag is so structured due to the quilting, I decided that "floppy" straps probably weren't the best choice. Yeah, it added extra steps and time, but I think they look better with some body to them rather than just hanging limply.
So, that's week one of the Sew-A-Long! Time to go upload the pics to my new Flickr account! (Watch for a link on the sidebar ... I'll get around to adding it soon. I swear!)