Sunday, April 29, 2012

Zakka Style Sew-A-Long: Week 4

SEWING KIT

Well, despite being sick most of the week with some lovely respiratory bug, I managed to finish my sewing kit!  I actually planned to make two - one as a gifty for someone - but that totally wasn't going to happen!

My sewing kit came out a little smaller than it was supposed to.  Apparently trying to cut fabric with a fever means that you misjudge the size of the inner pockets.  Oh, well ... c'est la vie!  I was a good girl and actually hand-stitched my pincushion closed.  Fancy that!

I added some top-stitching because I like it.  Plus, the Osnaburg fabric is a little soft and doesn't hold a shape super great and the extra stitching gives it some "oomph!" I did manage to score some linen the other week to use for future projects in the Sew-A-Long, but I was lazy and didn't feel like getting it out.






















Now, I just need to find some tiny scissors for my sewing kit! 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful job on the sewing kit! I also want to let you know I have nominated you for the Liebster award. You can see the details on my blog: www.1159studio.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim! You're so sweet!
      I look forward to nominating some of my favorite blogs soon! How exciting! :)

      Delete
  2. Very nice job...and hand stitches, too! You can use folding scissors (good for someone with your accident potential) which are quite small. But don't hint, you're not getting my tiny, itty-bitty scissors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'll get them from you! :)
    You may be A. Nonymous on here, but I know who you are!

    ReplyDelete