Friday, November 19, 2010

The First to Fall...

** SPOILER ALERT!! **

If you haven't read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, please don't read this post until you have or have seen part 1 of the movie. I don't want to give anything away...


Okay. That being said, when I first read the book (you know...after picking it up at midnight the day it came out) when I came to the part when Harry is escaping the Dursleys' house, I couldn't believe J.K. Rowling killed the bird. I literally shouted out loud and threw the book down. I didn't want to read anymore. Hedwig was Harry's constant friend. His only friend when he was trapped at the Dursleys' every summer. How could she?! I was livid!! I was sad!! I thought she was so heartless!!

...then I calmed down. This was a warning to her readers that this wasn't going to be a happy book. There would be losses. There would be tears.

So in honor of Hedwig, the first of the fallen, I made these Hedwig fingerless mitts. They are for another Harry Potter fan. May she wear them proudly.





The pattern for these can be found, free, on Ravelry if you are a member. The pattern was created by the talented Erika Ward.
These were crocheted in a lovely acrylic/alpaca blend yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment