Saturday, April 14, 2012

Zakka Style Sew-A-Long: Week 2

HOUSE POUCH

This week's project in the Sew-A-Long was an adorable little pouch, shaped like a house, complete with doors and windows and a flowery garden.

In other words:  a little too cutesy for me.

Don't get me wrong, there were a lot of great projects by other folk in the Sew-A-Long.  Great color and texture choices.  Some nice embroidered details.  It's just not my bag, baby!  (Points to those who get the Austin Powers reference.)

So, I debated what to do.  Do I make it anyway, even though I don't know what the hell I'll do with it?  Do I skip this week's project and get a jump on one of the bigger ones coming up?

I decided that I would make the House Pouch.
But I'd make it MY way.

















I decided to do a simple row of houses with varying roof lines, heights, widths.  The houses are coordinating quilting cottons on an osnaburg background.  I left the backside plain.
















The bag is lined in black cotton.  I added coordinating tabs to the zipper ends for a more finished look.

 
Here's a close up of the zipper end.

I kept it simple, modern and j-u-s-t right.
For me.
I think it will hold all of my crochet hooks nicely.

2 comments:

  1. How did you do those tabs on your zipper ends? They look terrific! And so tidy and neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I've seen tutorials, but as I try Google one to refer to, I realize I kinda do mine differently. I have a few books that have the "how to" in it. I really find "The Bag Making Bible" by Lisa Lam is fantastic for ... well, everything bag related!
      However, I may try to do a "how to" post this week!

      Delete