Monday, May 28, 2012

Busy As a Bee

I've missed the last two Zakka Style Sew-A-Long projects as I've had a lot going on ... traveling ... other craftiness that needed completing.  If you don't believe me, here's the proof!

Here's a little something I whipped up for my BFF:


















I've been wanting to combine some crochet and sewing and this is the first outcome of that desire!  The center panel is just straight Tunisian crochet.  Love the purples, pinks, browns all together.  The self-striping yarn does most of the work.  I found a nice deep fuchsia cotton to make the rest of the pillow cover.  Made the custom insert myself even using muslin and poly-fill.  You can't see it, but I even printed a care tag for the inside.  Ooo ... fancy!  And don't forget the inset zipper!  The insert I overfilled a little bit so that as it settles and compresses a bit, the pillow won't sag.


And then there is this little denim wristlet purse for a new PhD I know:




























I trimmed the outside with the same fabric I used for the lining.  Tres chic!


There are two other projects that got completed the past two weeks.  I will be posting about them at a later date.  AND I've been working feverishly on a cute capelet for an upcoming workshop I'll be co-teaching my local LYS next month!  Yea!!!!


Edit:  Wristlet design based upon a pattern/how-to from Sew What! Bags by Lexie Barnes.  I inserted the zipper differently using fabric tabs to cover the ends of the zipper.

No comments:

Post a Comment